Thursday, January 22, 2009
We are in Kauai and having a great time. It has turned out to be a wonderful vacation even though Julius has been working. There are a ton of roosters that crow at all times of the day and night, but surprisingly it hasn't really bothered me (I think having children that get up at all times of the night has really numbed me to things).
It has been really cold here and I have been wearing socks everyday. I know some of you will make fun of my (and some of you already have) but it has been like 60 degrees at night.....that's cold. Even if you live in cold places you don't let your house get that cold....there is nothing we can do about it, there are no heaters here. I am enjoying it though trying to soak it up as much as possible because I know in a bit I will be whining because it's too hot!
We've seen wet caves, dry caves, amazing views from Kokee, Waimea Canyon, went quading at an old sugar cane reservoir, and of course went to the beach. It has been great! Here is a picture of a waterfall on the way up to the Kokee State Park. The picture does not do it justice, but you get the jist of it.....it was amazing!
Friday, January 2, 2009
Goals for this year, in no particular order:
- Spend more time with children. All the cleaning will be there when I'm finshed, unfortunately they don't get done without me.
- Be more Patient.
- Don't overreact. I'm so drama queen sometimes.
- Spend less time doing things that don't really matter. I love to do things that are of no worth, when I really should be doing other things. (i.e. sometimes I spend too much time on the computer, doing nothing....way too much time.) It's okay sometimes, but I go a little overboard....I know, me go overboard? NEVER!
- Family History with my mom.
- Spend less money. I love to buy crap, things I don't really need...I get a little carried away at the local thrift store or Wal Mart....Hey it's only a dollar, right?!
- EXERCISE more.
- Do my visiting teaching.
- NOT BE EASILY PROVOKED. (This is a big one for me!)