Thursday, January 22, 2009


We are in Kauai and having a great time. It has turned out to be a wonderful vacation even though Julius has been working. There are a ton of roosters that crow at all times of the day and night, but surprisingly it hasn't really bothered me (I think having children that get up at all times of the night has really numbed me to things).

It has been really cold here and I have been wearing socks everyday. I know some of you will make fun of my (and some of you already have) but it has been like 60 degrees at night.....that's cold. Even if you live in cold places you don't let your house get that cold....there is nothing we can do about it, there are no heaters here. I am enjoying it though trying to soak it up as much as possible because I know in a bit I will be whining because it's too hot!

We've seen wet caves, dry caves, amazing views from Kokee, Waimea Canyon, went quading at an old sugar cane reservoir, and of course went to the beach. It has been great! Here is a picture of a waterfall on the way up to the Kokee State Park. The picture does not do it justice, but you get the jist of it.....it was amazing!

5 comments:

HeatherM said...

beautiful! sounds really fun! What does he do to have such a cool job?

The Hardles said...

Ah, brings back memories of my honeymoon! Kauai is soo beautiful!
Glad you are enjoying yourself. And when you're feeling cold, remember, at least the temperature isn't in the teens, and at least you're not scraping windows and getting snow in your shoes (like we suckers in Utah are!)

Love ya!

Bratton Family said...

Oh the joys of being in hawaii! Socks??? Really?? Socks??? You must be dying in that terrible cold....60 degrees.... :)

ali said...

You're so lucky to be there. I can totally relate to your temperature complaints. Troy makes fun of me because I complain if it's 10 degrees above 70 or 10 degrees below. I guess I am picky?!? who knew?

Jessica @ One Shiny Star said...

Hey! Thanks for the advice. I really just needed to vent. I know things will be fine - better than fine: things will be great. :D