Thursday, May 8, 2008

I Hit Her


(Now before you go and call CPS on me, read.) Lucy and Ellie have finally started to play together (by play I mean Ellie wants to be near Lucy whenever possible). Lucy doesn't really like to have Ellie around when they are playing because Ellie touches her stuff and Lucy is in time out a lot as she "disciplines" Ellie for it. For the most part I am near and see Lucy doing it, hence the time outs. One day I hear Ellie scream and cry and see Lucy running out of their bedroom (with a guilty face) and I asked her what happened, she said "I hit her". First, I was thrown off because she said a sentence, second, because I understood it, and third, because she told the truth. I didn't know what to do, so I just turned around a walked away (to get Ellie, I'm not too neglectful, this all took place in a matter of seconds). I got some good advice from my mom as I always do, but I would like to know what you would do. She was honest, I wasn't there to see it, I know I should have done something, but what? And what should I do to get Lucy to be nicer to her Ellie?

3 comments:

Bratton Family said...

I'm so glad that you've finally started a blog. It will be nice to keep up with you now!

Alliban said...

That is so good that she told the truth and you told her that. You told her that made you happy. You could also tell her it would make you happy if she didn't hit her sister. After all, that's what life is all about... making Mommy happy!
I love your obscure pictures. Does Julius know you can set your blog to private? Only people who know our address can go to our blog. Search engines can't even pick it up. It can also be set to an invite only. Not that I know how to do all that but Nate does. Just FYI-ing you!

Lindsay said...

Ohh goodness. I put my kids in jujitsu in an attempt to give them an alternative to hitting... ! So my question is .. How do I get them to stop wrestling now ?