Thursday, May 8, 2008

Potty Training


Who would have thought that this would be soooo hard? I have to say, I don't enjoy it one bit. It always just seems kids one day are in diapers and the next they are in undies. No one told me that I would have to ask her every other minute for who knows how many days about going pee-pee or poo-poo. You know I used to have decent conversations with people, now my day consists of talking about bowel movements. Today we had a little drama about going #2 in the toilet. Lucy was totally freaking out, not wanting to "go" on the toilet. Well, after 30 minutes of her saying, "No pee-pee, poo-poo in toilet" (I wont tell you I saw "it" wanting to come out...gross) I got her to put on a diaper. Well, she lasted all of 2 minutes in the diaper and then told me she wanted to go in the toilet. After she did some of her business came out she got very excited, but then started to cry.....oh,the drama. After more than a half and hour of whining, crying and fighting me about going on the toilet she did it and we did a little dance of joy in the bathroom. OK, maybe I do enjoy some aspects of it....crazy, I know!

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Yeah! I love that you jumped on the blogging bandwagon! We will be checking in often. :)

The Jonas Family said...

I can totally relate with the potty training. My son is 4 next week and doing well, but my daughter is 2 1/2 and on the process of potty training. She wants to be little miss independent and do everything herself. Boys and girls are so different, as I know with one of each. Girls definitely show more drama! Good luck!

Unknown said...

So...it has taken me five whole minutes to realize who you are! HI JAMIE! I could have easily commented on all your posts but decided that Potty Training was were my two cents would go today! Personally I would gladly swap giving birth to someone else kids and them potty train! Okay maybe a little dramatic but lets just say STRESSFUL! I just knew Mariana wasn't going to be able to start kindergarden in two years cause she refused to use the potty after our first attempt.
Which is quite the story in and of itself. I mean there's only so many poop and pee books you can check out at the library!! To me it seemed liked kids who were potty trained before 3 years old were "gifted" children or something! Our Magical day happened during a play group when two of Mariana's really good friends sat on the potty, peed, showed her their cool panties, flushed, and got a potty treat. Now I had done everything listed the first time around, all accept the friend thing. It was the secret ingredient for Mariana.
I've heard from a lot of people that going #2 is scary for a lot of kids. Sometimes Mariana reads books but the things that really helps her poo is we
play hide and seek. Most of the time I'll put the shower curtain around her and we'll take turns counting to as high as we can go. Every kid is different in how they learn and accept new things but one thing I've learned is that I'm not going to stress out about it with the next kids...it's soo not worth it in the end! love ya
Jaycee